Laser hair removal is a procedure that incorporates the use of pulses of laser beams to gradually remove the cells responsible for the production of body hair.
It consists of applying several beams of light with the Diode Sheer laser, which are absorbed into the melanin inside the skin; It is evaporating destroying the part that gives rise to the hair. All this is done in thousandths of a second using pulses. Most patients require several epilation sessions, as it takes 2 to 3 weeks to completely finish the production of body hair.
- During the laser treatment, you should only use a rake if you want to remove the hair that grows between one session and another.
- Do not use wax, honey, tweezers, etc.
- In case of inflammation it is advisable to use thermal water in spray several times during the day, this will help to reduce it.
- Avoid sun exposure of the treated areas during the first days.
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more.
- The use of oral contraceptives does not need to be stopped.
- If you find out that you are pregnant, report it immediately.
Lumenis, the leader in energy-based laser technologies, has developed the LightSheer® DESIRE, a diode laser that permanently epilates different areas of the body. It certainly becomes the best in its range because it has the newest hair removal technology available on the market.
This technology has clinical studies endorsed by the most prestigious medical centers and universities in the world of hair removal, which guarantees its effectiveness and optimal results. Some of the advantages are:
- It is for all types of skin.
- Quick, painless and effective application.
- Spot size up to 22 x 35 mm.
For unmatched clinical results, the LightSheer® DESIRE utilizes the industry’s leading 805nm diode laser, powered by two advanced technologies: High Speed Integrated Vacuum Assisted Technology (HIT) and ChillTip Technology.
How (HIT) works
- The vacuum gently draws the skin into the handpiece, the skin is stretched tight, and the target is brought closer to the power source.
Energy is applied to the target, in which the melanocytes are separated and blood flow is reduced.
The lens is damaged and the skin becomes loose.
How ChillTip works
- The skin cools before and during the treatment.
The skin is compressed.
The laser beam is applied to the skin and the target is damaged.
As well as to effectively treat all areas of the body, the LightSheer® DESIRE comes equipped with three devices that can be easily interchanged:
- The HS applicator features HIT technology with a 22 x 35 mm beam size, which allows the use of low fluence and a unique pain reduction mechanism, to provide fast and comfortable safe treatment.
- The XC applicator features a 12 x 12mm beam size Sapphire ChillTip, offering an optimal solution for large and small areas that require higher fluency levels.
- The ET applicator features a 9 x 9 mm Sapphire ChillTip, designed to treat small areas that require maximum precision and a high level of creep.
The exclusive features of LightSheer® DESIRE that allow you to offer your patients:
- Short treatment time
- Maximum treatment comfort
- Optimal results